Thursday, September 16, 2004

FREE FOOD!!!

Back in my first sem, the best thing that happened to me was performing in some events and things like that. The highlight of the performances is usually is the dinner at the hotel! Musicians/performers/etc don't get to eat at the event itself but we eat before. usually buffets and stuff like that at the hotel's restaurant. Imagine free buffet at Palace of Golden Horses! yup.. been there, done that.

This time around, i think it'll be another buffet at Marriott. jealous? I'll be at Marriott Putrajaya tomorrow for a performance/presentation thingy. It's a pre-convo dinner for the bigshots at UPM thingy.. i assume we're doing the dinner music... yeah... entertain while others munch. Oh well, the life of a musician.....

Guess who the guest is... heheh... Sultan of Selangor. Not really the first time i've played in front of him tho. Did it on my first sem but i'd like to think that i'm a more mature performer this time around :D We'll be doing some classic P. Ramlee stuff (not my cup of tea but really fun none the less), some evergreens and some jazz stuff. I'll be doing guitar comps accompanying my coursemates, Gerald (Violin) & Xiaoyun (Flute); and Lecturers, Ooi Eow Jin (piano), Ariff (sop sax) and Joseph (bass); and a guest, Martin, on drums. Let's see how the royalty like us... hehe..

Oh, and i had a prety nice time with my mom... :)

and great surprise from my pop... thanks for the comment... really gave me a lift.... double :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home