Sunday, August 22, 2004

Rescued yet again

It's Sunday again and guess what? I was the worship leader... well.. here's the story.

As you would already know, I've not been feeling exactly very cheerful lately, more melancholic and slightly depressed lately (but feeling a lil better than last...) . I suppose this really affected me in worship leading. was really out of sorts, my voice was making weird out of tune noises at practice last night and i just couldn't hold a note properly last night. At practice start, I only have 3 songs decided!! yikes!! and this is Sunday Service, we're talking about! Manage to scrape up 2 more songs as the practice went on. Really felt beaten when the practice ended. Then went for some fellowship with the musicians and other church mates (watched Liv win 2-1 as well!!! YEAH!!!)...

When i reached home, i was like: "God, if you don't help me now, the worship tomorrow will be dead!!!"... Anyway... i was half praying and half worrying and all the while listening to Hillsongs' By Your Side God spoke to me ... Then i changed some songs around, replaced one song and sorta redid the whole 'theme'...

And once again, God came and worked through me. I'm pretty proud to say that I was pretty much an empty vessel just being used by God this morning.... He came and made everything ok. The worship was fine as far as i could tell and felt that most people were blessed (i hope!) and most of all, I'm pretty sure He was blessed...

Moral of the story? Surrendering is not something that is easy for most of us. but when we do, God always comes and does his bit to make sure that His plans go well... It's really easy to think about it but i'm hoping that i can surrender and trust Him on His timing and plans... Not an easy thing to do, but will try none the less...

2 Comments:

Blogger RoseByMoonlight said...

I really needed to hear your last paragraph...See, your still a vessel ;o)... I love the song Shades of Grey!!! :o) I do like my Jars of Clay... Take care and God Bless You! :o)

4:53 PM, August 22, 2004  
Blogger Leo Koo said...

yea, had a great time with the fellowship and watching the match too! Most of all, Liverpool beat them :P And, yea, not to forget, thanks for finding me at the petrol station after dat 'incident' :)

Catch u around dude~

5:44 AM, August 24, 2004  

Post a Comment

<< Home