Saturday, October 02, 2004

What's in a pet?

I was checking out eric's blog and that really reminded me of my four cute Dachshund at home, two tan males and two black females... It's really amazing the bond that can be built between sentient beings. I think that my dogs, despite being "just" dogs, really do 'love' me in their own way. Whenever i do go back to ipoh, i have a blast just playing with them.

One of the tan, Spunky, males usually bark like mad even before i'm near the house. My mom says that he will bark like mad when he hears the car, and sure enough, a minute or two later, i'll pull up the driveway.. And when i get down, he'll just look at me with his cute lil puppy eyes.

Another tan male, Rocky, is just so loyal and brave. Loyal? He doesn't even go out of the gate even when it's wide open. And when he does, he's just a whistle away. Walks? No problem, one very light tug on the leash, and he'll just be following.

Speaking of walks, one of the black females, Sheila, doesn't even need a leash, she just follows wherever i walk. And she's the cute one that when she was still a small lil puppy, she just fits snugly on my palm and just sleeps and when i wake her up and put my nose to her nose, she just snuggles her nose on mine and licks me then, being a puppy, just goes back to sleep... haha...

The last female, Kelly, just barks when she sees me. In fact, she just barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks and barks.... kinda annoying after a while, but i do miss that a lil when i'm in KL.

All of them have these cute lil eyes that'll just mealt your heart and they're so energetic when you give them attention. In fact, i remember once long ago when i was just so depressed (can't remember about what though) , i really didn't know what to do. Then, while looking out my door, Spunky just looked at me a gave that sad whine. I think he knew i was sad. But point is, he made me chase him around and just played with me and that really just cheered me up so much... that's why til today i can't remember why i was so depressed. :D

More close bonds between dog and man? My friend, Jayson, has this cocker spaniel, Buddy, who is just soooo loyal to his owner. Here's the story: I'm no stranger to buddy, played with him and always recognises me for belly rubs when i'm at Jays' place. One day, i just decided to tickle the heck outta Jayson and guess what? when Jays started to scream like a little girl(hahaha), Buddy just gave me this mad dog growl and jumped between Jays and me. Of course he didn't know i was just disturbing Jays so he thought i'm trying to harm(?) Jays and just defends him, despite the fact that i'm Buddy's "friend". Very loyal to the owner indeed...

There's just so many more stories about loyal pets(dogs) and there can be a whole thesis about it. It's really so amazing and baffling that simple animals can build friendships and allegiances this close. Imagine is humans could even come close to being such good friends with each other, looking out for and taking care of and just being there for each other. What a wonderful world? yeah... i'm dreaming. but for now, even if there's no one in the world left to be make me feel good, i'll still have my dogs to play with, to abbuse(hahaha...NOT!!!) and to love and be loved by. Really hoping to play with them when i do get back to ipoh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home