Saturday, December 25, 2004

Merry Christmas!!

This post is in RED to share the Christmas Joy!!...I think...

Well, here I go again, i'm going to rant a while before starting to say something nice. I was walking in shopping complexes the other day and the Christmas songs were driving me nuts!! Ikea was playing ABBA Christmas junk, Midvalley was Jingling Bells and Snowing in the Tropics and Pyramid was having flashing santa hats all over. Not that I don't like Christmas Carols or anything like, on the contrary, I love them... Just that all the songs (not that I didn't use Carols) played as "Christmas Songs" had to do with snowmen, snow, white christmas, santa, rudolph, 7 days of Christmas (they even have a Muppett song for that!!no kidding!!!!) and jingling bells and snow sleds. What do all those have in common? It isn't Christmas, that I can tell you. That's what AMERICAN kids do in winter. Not something that's really universal. Play some real Christmas Carols, will ya? How bout Alone in the Manger? Come all Ye Faithful? What child is this? Joy to the World? Christmas isn't about snow, snowmen or santa. Santa DOESN'T exist, btw. (sorry, kids, it's true) At least not the fat jolly one that people like to show.

In some ways, I do hate Christmas. Only when I have junk Christmas songs blasting in my ears repeating itself. Ugh.. They can't even record those properly. Also, don't like it for what the media and shopping malls do to it. It's totally commercial! Not that it's bad to sell things, just bad to fully exploit the reason to do it. You buy stuff (deco and presents) because it's Christmas, and not, it's Christmas because you buy stuff (deco and presents again). *eyes rolling til eye sockets hurt*

Oh! Guess what?! Heard that CCM (Council of Churches Malaysia??) agreed to have the "National" Christmas Day Celebration with the government (can't really confirm that, i'm not a second person news basis). The things is, they also agreed to play only Christmas "songs" that has Snow, Snowmen, Santa and the like. BUT none that even remotely mentions the words 'Baby', 'Jesus' etc... get the point? Go figure that one out.

After having said all that, however, I have to say (more...hahaha) that I love Christmas in that it does bring out the best in most people. I've seen great charities get done in Christmas. I've seen people spend and sacrifice to get things for loved-ones AND not-so-loved-ones. Also, you get to see PTPTN finally GIVING out the loan monies. *ok ok, will hold the sarcasm*

Merry Christmas.

This are the definitions I got for the word "merry" from Dictionary.com:
  1. Full of high-spirited gaiety; jolly.
  2. Marked by or offering fun and gaiety; festive: a merry evening.
  3. Archaic. Delightful; entertaining.
  4. Brisk: a merry pace.
True enough that this is a season to celebrate and be happy but can we be Merry KNOWING why we are merry? Think about that... Symbolically, it has something to do with a certain lil baby that came over 2000 years ago. That's the gift that you can never 'beat'. I'm all for that! so....

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!!!

--------

Special wishes to my Family who i'm not with this time around. Merry Christmas to Mom, Pop and 'chelle.

Also not forgetting my babygirl... Merry Christmas, Jo...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home