Friday, December 17, 2004

Believing without Seeing?

I didn't want to share this out loud, actually. However, I'm currently listening to a song that goes:

You are my hope,
You are my strength
You're everything, everything that I need;
You are my hope,
You are my life,
You are my hope,
You are my hope.

Those who recognize it will know that this is a song i've sung in church before, it's called You are my hope by Skillet.

Sometimes, you just know that He is there for you even though you don't even feel it at all. Let me start from a few weeks ago. For the past 3-4 weeks, I've really been making an effort (yup, you who know me know that his IS a BIIIG effort!!) to get up very early and go to the church Prayer in the morning before the sunday service. The few of us there have been praying every morning and slowly things are happening. We pray for things like growth and numbers in church; but the most important thing that Sist Jacs puts on the list (it appears EVERY week) is protection of members. How significant can something so general be?

In short, it all culminates to my "event" on Monday night. I'll be honest, in my mind, it's just "So I flipped my car... big deal." As arrogant as I'm going to sound, I think the song best sums up how I felt. I really do not wish to go into details of how the accident happened; enough of people speculating whether i'm speaking the truth or not. The main point is, as I found out I had no control of the car anymore, I didn't feel scared at all. The car skidded across 3 lanes, faced the wrong way, and ended up on the side underneath high ramp. Yup... still no fear there. All I could think off was getting out of the car. The first, and only, fear that did cross my mind was... "$#!+, what's my mom gonna say?!!?"

Long story --> short = The car flipped yet no glass was broken, the car still looked like a car (though banged up, of course) and the car was 'safely' under a bridge. How do you wanna explain that? To be honest, I can't. Can you? To add to the confounding circumstances, I got off with only a small (2 inches long, half inch wide) bruise on my back. Add all that up with the fact that I wasn't one bit scared for my life and you'll see the equation of what faith does.

The magic of it all is this, there's no reason why I escaped unscratched ('cept for one bruise) other than because that's the way He wants it. Things are always moving in ways that you will not see. What's the point fearing in what's to come when it's all already planned out by the Master Planner?

He is the hope, He is the Strength, He is the life and He is the hope. Some things don't need visible evidence to be proven right; just have the faith to close you eyes and fall back into the protective net that He can provide. The protection, the calmness and everything came from the One source. Check Him out. Sometimes just being a lil close is enough to see what he can do. Admittedly, I'm not as close as I used to be back in my teens but He is faithful. I'm walking proof.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home